Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome Home

My dog, PD, is a mix of breeds, part Pekingese, Cocker Spaniel, Poodle, and Jack Russel Terrier. I've never thought of myself as a "dog person" but I probably am. This Christmas, I was looking at slides of myself when I was younger and in many of the pictures I had a dog in my arms. I do love my PD.

I'm not sure that a dog owner could ever have low self esteem. Dogs seems to have endless and unconditional love; they always think you are the best person in the whole, wide world.

When I walk though the door each day, PD is there to greet me. He can jump like he's got springs in his legs and he does when I come home. It doesn't matter if I've been gone 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days. He's always excited to see me. It doesn't matter if I'm growly, sad, or grumbly, he's is happy to see me. PD can tell if I need a little extra cuddling and he's willing to oblige.

PD's excitement extends to everyone he knows and loves. He's a protective little furball and once he gets to know you, he is loyal forever.

My mom stayed with me for a couple weeks in the winter last year. PD was about 5 months old then and he really likes my mom. He bonded. She's not really a dog person.

To this day when my mom comes to visit, PD gets so excited he can hardly control himself. In fact, sometimes he can't. Sometimes he pees a little because he's so excited. Once he even peed on mom's leg.

Sorry mom.

And that's why I love PD, he's thinks we areall so wonderful that he sometimes can't control himself.

Now, honestly, where else can you get that kind of devotion?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice litte dog! It is so nice when they think you just came back from a long long time...