Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gratitude A to Z

I am grateful for :

A: America. Our freedoms and opportunities are unlike any others.
B: my three brothers, they drove me crazy growing up but I know I can count on them.
C: my camera, so I can capture the special moments and people in my life
D: my dad, he died too young. I miss him and his unwavering interest in my life.
E: excitement every once in a while, the highs balance out the lows in life .
F: my family, my husband and kids are the very, very best.
G: my dear Grandma Violet
H: the heat in my house in this cold, cold winter.
I: the in-laws. My father in-law, brothers-in-law, and sisters-in-law. My brothers and sisters have made some very fine choices.
J: my job. It's challenging and secure.
K: for the kindness of others.
L: love and grace. There is nothing I can do to make God love me any more and nothing I can do to make God love me any less. He just loves me.
M: my sweet, generous mom, I love her more the longer I know her.
N: my hoards of nieces and nephews - each one unique and lovable.
O: oatmeal bars with raisins. I eat one most mornings.
P: PD my sweet, playful dog.
Q: quiet moments in my day.
R: relaxing days at the lake in the summer.
S: my three sisters, I can't imagine a happy life without them in it.
T: talks with my family and friends. My favorite times are chatting and laughing for hours.
U: understanding.
V: validation for a job well done.
W: wine, a glass or a couple.
X: x and y coordinates can show me where I am, or where you are.
Y: each new year -- another chance to start again, another day of grace.
Z: zen moments of peace that occasionally manage to find me.

No comments: