Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine’s Day

I made a table centerpiece for Valentine’s Day.    I don’t decorate for Valentine’s Day but this year I felt like I needed a little celebration in the middle of this long, very cold, winter.   It’s not fancy or expensive but it makes me happy to see it and brightens up my table.

The tootsie pops were already in the mug on my counter.   I set the mug on a silver tray my mom gave me;  it was a wedding present  to my parents many years ago.    I thought it was sweet to have something on my Valentine’s table that came from a celebration of my parent’s love.    I made some paper hearts for on the tray and put a few decorated Valentine’s straws in with the lollipops.  

125

My mother-in-law gave me the red beeswax candles;  she passed away in 2001.   I’ve kept these candles for a long time.    

127

My mom, my husband and I will share a Valentine’s meal of steak and crab.    My husband got me a heart necklace and some candy.   I’m writing him a poem.

Happy Valentine’s Day.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am glad your Mom finally made it there..hope she is back home safely..the roads were terrible yesterday. I like your table decorations..show us the necklace!! :)