Monday, January 16, 2012

How far does your money go?

I recently went to a high school wrestling match.  It cost six dollars for admission.  I paid with a twenty and got back some change.   I left the change in my pocket and when I pulled my jeans out of the washer the dollar bills were in the bottom of the washer.   This didn’t bother me at all.  I like clean money.

I noticed one of the bills had a stamp on it to track it by going to the website http://www.wheresgeorge.com/   so I went to the website and entered the serial number of the dollar bill.    My dollar was 1,212 Miles from where it had started  3 years, 32 days, 4 hours and 41 minutes earlier when it was received as change at the Target store in Garner, North Carolina.    

I wonder how many (dirty) hands it passed through during that time?   How did it get to the high school in my town?   What has it been doing for the last three years?

Have you ever gotten money with the “where’s george" stamp?  Did you track the money at the website?    For a curious person like me,  there is no way I’d let my dollar bill move on without knowing where it came from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

didn't know this will watch for it had one before just thought that someone was playing around. Partial true! gw