I have never liked the fabric on my kitchen chairs so I decided to change it.
Recovering these seats was incredibly easy, fast, and inexpensive.
My chair before:
I removed the seat. It was held in place by screws so I just had to loosen the screws and it popped off.
Once the seat was off, I put the new fabric right on top of the old since the old fabric wasn’t dirty or in terrible shape. It was just blah.
I simply stapled it on, pulling it tight.
The best tool for this is an electric staple gun. I heart mine.
I am not particularly neat, on the bottom. I just staple, staple, staple. Puckers on the bottom don’t matter like they do on the top.
When the seat was covered, I screwed it back on to the chair.
Wa-La! Completely different look.
This project cost about six dollars for fabric for all four chairs and took less than two hours.
I didn’t mention I was doing this but my husband noticed the change right away when he came home and thought they looked great.