Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Water Sports

When my nephews go out tubing, they aren’t satisfied to be pulled around the lake, no matter how fast the ride or how high the waves.

DSC_4686  

They have to show their dominance by wrestling the person on the other tube into the lake. Victory goes to the boy remaining on the tube.

DSC_3109

DSC_3096

I don’t get this at all.

DSC_4623

But I know where they learned it.  When my brothers, brother-in-law and husband got their turn to ride the tubes, it is a matter of seconds before these old guys are up on their tubes trying to knock each other off too.

DSC_4642

They are never content to ride. The more dramatic the wipe out, the more fun they have.

 DSC_4658

This has to be a male thing.   

DSC_4672

When my sister-in-law and I decided to go for a ride, we begged my fifteen year old nephew to drive slowly and to try not to hurt us or knock us off the tubes.

DSC_3161

We just wanted a nice, relaxing ride.

DSC_3185 (2)

Never trust a fifteen year old boy.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute post Merry Mary..missed you at the picnic..(No guilt)..ha! You got some great photos of the tubing, they are not easy to get either..sitting in the back of the boat trying to hold the camera still and then the boat turns..but you did great! :)

Missy said...

OMG, these are such wonderful times!! Thanks so much Mary for capturing them on your camera!!!
I agree never again will we trust a boy who says "Oh, I will be nice you two old farts, ha, ha, ha!!!"
Little terd huh!
Oh, at least we had a good time.