Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Make-over Magic

What does your hairstyle say about you?

When I stand in front of a mirror, I wonder, does my hair style really fit me? Am I too old to wear my hair long? Am I too blonde?

I occasionally go a little darker or a little lighter; grow out my bangs or chop them off short.
Thanks to my dad's side of the family, I have "premature greying." I noticed the first few strands when I turned 23 years old and it's just progressed from there. Thank goodness for hair color. I used to do my own hair coloring. I used Clairol "Nice and Easy." My sister used the same product. We used to have a running joke when we introduced ourselves: "I'm nice, she's easy." Obviously, only one of those statements was true...

I now leave the hair coloring to the professionals. I also stopped cutting my own bangs after an unfortunate incident a few years ago. It's better that way.

Overall, I've never had a drastic change in my hairstyle. I'm not very brave when it comes to new hairstyle. I know that my hair would grow if I got it cut short but I'm scared of getting a hairstyle that requires a lot of upkeep. With my long hair, I can put it up and be done with it. If I had a shorter style, I might have to style it everyday. I never want to be that high maintenance.

My dog however, has no such issues nor is he scared of of new styles. He understands that your appearance has an effect on how people perceive you.
For instance, this look says: I'm a slacker. I don't have job. I crash on the couch at my buddies house . I stay up all night. I sleep all day. I care about having fun. I'll do anything for a treat. I can't control my excitement and I pee on your mom sometimes. I'm all about kisses. I just want to be happy.


But this new look - it's a whole different dog. It says, I'm a good dog. My job is protecting you and your property and I take it seriously. I won't run away. I won't jump on your guests or bark at kids in the neighborhood. I sit, I stay. I don't shed. I just want to make you happy.

I wonder what my hairstyle says about me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe when you first shared your views on PD's hair length personality you refered to his long haired style as more of a pot smoking dog. Good post though, one of my favorites. :)