Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Polar Plunge

A few weeks ago in Duluth, my daughter did a Polar Plunge with some sorority sisters to raise money for Special Olympics.     When she told me she was doing this,  I had no idea it was such a big deal.

DSC_0432

There were many interesting people.   Notice the spectator with the fur hat…  He was nothing compared to the plungers.

DSC_0459

This man walked around dancing and yelling that it was his seventh year in a row to do the plunge.  Woo Hoo!  

DSC_0448DSC_0435I’m clueless about where to buy shiny pants like these guys were wearing.  DSC_0471

There were also some rescuers in the water ready to save the plungers.    No one needed saving.    Sometimes there is ice on the water but there was not this afternoon.  There was ice on the water the next morning.

DSC_0437

There were 1,400 plungers. 

DSC_0485

A lot of money was raised this day.   Great job polar plungers!

1 comment:

Missy said...

OMG, Joey you are a wild woman!! I love it!!! There is just no way I can think of to get me into that freezing cold water....lol...Mary shall I find you a new pair of those shinnnneyyyy pants for our girls weekend? LOL, they are too funny!! thanks for sharing the day with us...it was a great thing your baby girl did!! :)