Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Neither of my kids were home, nor did I get to see my mom for Mother's Day. I did have lunch with my sister, sister-in-law and two darling nieces though. My youngest niece, Kora, decided she was done shopping after lunch and I took her home to my house. On the way home, we stopped at the Ferris wheel and had a ride, played a couple arcade games and shared a strawberry sundae. It brightened my Mother's Day to be with her and listen to her stories and seven-year old wisdom.
.
Kora mentioned on the way home that "Grandma sure had a lot of kids"
.
Yes, she did, Kora. And I'm very happy that I am one of them.
.
Even though all of us kids are all grown up, my mom still finds ways to take care of us. She does it in gestures such as bringing over loaf of homemade bread or fresh picked rhubarb when she visits or doing laundry when she's over and I have to be a work, she prays for me, and her voice always sounds so happy to hear from me when I call on the phone, even though I usually don't have anything interesting to say. I expected to be taken care of as a child, but now it is a unexpected blessing.
.
Thank you Mom and Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Mom is a blessing to many people! She always sounds cheerfull when I call her too! Sounds like you and Kora had an interesting time! :)

Missy said...

Mary it was so fun to have lunch together!! It seems like forever since we have done that!!

You are so right about your mom!! She is always there when someone needs her and there at the house with something in her hands or helping out with something. She is so special to many people especially her family!!