Sunday, December 28, 2008

Clean Slate

Every year, right after Christmas, I have this overwhelming urge to clean and organize. It’s not so much a New Year’s resolution as a conviction that my life has slipped onto the slope of sloppiness and I can’t take it anymore! I need to start my year with a clean slate, so to speak.

The moment that I opened a drawer in my bathroom, the one in which I store my makeup, I knew that it was the time of year I feel like purging and organizing. I have a couple of dividers in this drawer but absolutely nothing was in a proper place. I took everything out of the drawer and it took me less than five minutes to go from this:







To this:


(I'm not sure why I need 18 different, but very similar, shades of brownish eye shadow but I've been told it makes my eyes look bluer so I keep buying it )

I need to keep reminding myself how easy and fast it is to organize and clean the little spots that drive me crazy.

I did some laundry and took it to my closet. When I put clothes in the correct spot, organized by color, it possibly took ten seconds more for the whole load than if I’d hung them willy-nilly.

I like the projects that stay neat and organized for a while. Keeping my closet organized by clothing type and color is easy to keep up.

Keeping my dog’s nose prints wiped off the windows, not so much.



No comments: